Have a good time down in Tucson and I'll see you when you get back!
Love you lots,
In order to keep up with my "Give No Info of True Importance Because People Are Watching Blog Theme" I would like to post this lesson and thank J.S. for this one.
Now, drivers, pay attention...
Lesson 1: Driver Survival in Phoenix AZ
I'm taking bets. How long will they last in the House of Dook?
One month? One week? An hour?
May lost her phone and had an embarrassing moment with a friend's dad. Perhaps not her embarrassing moment but, never the less, because of events unfolding in her life I stole this meme which she posted way back in 2007. Thanks, May. My creative juices are flowing everywhere other than this blog so this is just what I needed.
1. What does your name mean? Katherine means 'pure'. Yah. Ok. Anyone who has known me for a good length of time understands that I have not exactly lived up to that name. However, it may be possible over the last year that I have been re-virginized. Cripes, I need a boyfriend.
2. Where was your
default profile picture taken? Scoobers was sitting in my mom and dad's front entrance about 12 years ago.
3. What's your middle name? Ann. It's my mom's middle name too, as well as a third of the US female population. I believe the other two-thirds are comprised of Lynn's and Marie's.
4. What is your current relationship status? Single. Living alone. Again, I need a boyfriend.
5. Honestly, does your crush like you back? Leonardo DiCaprio has no idea that I worship him because I was too shy to pass him my note that said "Check this box if you feel the same way".
6.What's your current mood? Semi-frustrated. No, not because I need a boyfriend but because I can not sleep.
7. What do you like the most? Lazing around, Reading, Blogging, Eating... Gimme a break. It's winter. I'm in hibernation mode.
8. What makes you happy? Dookie!
9. Are you musically inclined? I am inclined to turn my iPod on when the mood strikes.
10. If you could go back and change something, would you? Yes. Several things.
11. If you MUST be an animal for one day, what would you be? I'm like a bird. I only fly away. I don't know where my soul is...
12. Ever had a near death experience? In my past life I actually did die.
13. Something you do a lot? One thing I can tell you that I rarely do, is use sarcasm.
14. What's the name of the song stuck in your head right now? I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado
15. Who did you copy and paste this from? May
16. Have you ever sang in front of a large audience? I sang Jingle Jangle Jingle and Away in a Manger in Elementary School and a spoof on Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee at our High School student council elections.
17. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Two of the Rockefellers, Kevin Bacon, Toby Keith, and Beck
18. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Smile and eyes and how he smiles with his eyes.
19. What do you usually order from Starbucks? Some sort of hot, black tea or a vanilla latte.
20. What is your favorite smell? Tucson rain
A sweet man who was our neighbor and our landlord. An influential person in the small town. We would not come to know just how special you were until after you died. Thanks for everything.
I am a participant in x365.
I actually made it through a three night stretch without being floated to another unit or having my shift canceled. It's been over a month since I have worked full week and have been out of payed time off for about half of it. The time off itself is great but starting the new year off just as broke as the last one ended is not how I envisioned a new beginning. Just before the holidays shifts have become harder and harder to come by. I'm not talking extra shifts but scheduled ones. Somehow the hospital is able to close down whole 15-bed pods on each floor due to a decrease in patient admissions. It is difficult for me to believe that less people are ill or injured during months of November and December. More likely I think that house staff is at a minimum, people who would normally be admitted for 'observation' don't make it past the ER and that others would rather put off a hospital visit and remain at home with 104 degree neutropenic fevers, festering wounds caused by wine corker mishaps or wait until the trickle of blood from their rectum becomes a gushing torrent.
To this third group of people, I have this to say: On any normal day, during any other time of the year, you would rush over to be looked at, checked over and treated. Why are the holidays any different? Being with your family is important, yes, but this is your life we are talking about (all except wino but not to say your digit is any less important). We want you (and your extremities) to be around for many holidays to come. Exercise good judgment and take care of yourselves people. That is why we are here.
Anyway, it was somewhat refreshing to work a full week and this morning when I walked out of the building the sky was dark and stormy, the air was chilly and the rain was coming down. There is nothing better than leaving work at eight a.m., after your last shift, knowing you can either rush right home to go to sleep or laze around and enjoy a cold, rainy, winter's day.
So here I am. Showered and wearing my flannel jammies, cozied up with my coffee and book, in clean sheets next to a puppy that smells like Pantene*.
One of the many things on my mental to-do list for 2008 (not resolutions per say) is to actually finish one book at a time instead of starting a new one a third of the way through the previous one. Currently, I have four in process. The first book on my list is Bright Lights, Big Ass, which I started before Thanksgiving and have been itching to get back into. If you are looking for a light, easy read that will have you in stitches I totally recommend Jen Lancaster. Seriously funny stuff. Do not try to read this book at 3 a.m. when patients have just gone to sleep (or similar situations requiring complete or near silence, say a golf tournament or Wimbledon).
My coffee is getting cold and my book is waiting. Happy
MondayTuesday to you all. Good day and good night.
*This story and possibly pictures for another day when I am less annoyed and can laugh about it.