Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One Down...

I finished book one tonight and decided to head over to Borders for The Chamber of Secrets and a latte. At the counter, the guy (who, in all honesty, LOOKED like H.P. himself) called me a late bloomer. True enough.
I started reading Sorcerer's Stone in 2002, when I lived in Texas, and decided to give it another shot. I started reading last Wednesday, so it took me a week to read it. Well, it took me five years and one week to read it.

Hopefully, I will make better time on this one and I will be back to Borders to buy book three before 2012.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

And... what did you think?

Anonymous said...

i liked it a lot. enough that i went to buy the next one as soon as i finished : )

the latte, however, was a baaaaaaad idea at 8pm (note time stamp on this comment).

at least i have a good read to get me through the night.

Wendy said...

If you are a late bloomer I haven't bloomed at all. I have yet to read one but I will when Jayke is old enough to get into them.

Sandi said...

Your trek through H.P. land will be fun because everything will flow better. Reading one book every two years is tough - for someone my age anyway. Next summer I want to read them all in a row. Have fun! May the force be with you. Oh, wait, that's the wrong story.........